Week One Assignment – Term Paper DUE WEEK 4
- Rubric – FINAL RESEARCH PROJECT – MGT605.pdf (45.478 KB)
Transformational Research Paper – Generically speaking a research paper may or may not be on a topic you have covered during the semester. The goal of a research paper is to learn more than what you have discussed or read in your course work and do an in-depth analysis of a topic. Research papers show your professor what you are capable of adding to a topic beyond what he/she has taught you. You will use outside source material, draw insightful conclusions, and illustrate a thorough understanding of one very narrowly defined issue or topic. The goal of a research paper is to show your professor you are an expert on a specific topic you learned about in class or a topic that is related to the course work. Your research paper topic is regarding paradoxical thinking. See the details below.
In most colleges and universities students are taught “cause and effect” thinking at the expense of paradoxical thinking. This type of thinking hinders accomplishing mastery. Define both terms, explain, AND compare them to Paradoxical Thinking. Explain why cause and effect thinking hinders achieving mastery.
Your summation should be a very powerful piece that seeks to convince your reader with all the reasons both professionally and personally why she/he should learn paradoxical thinking. Be sure to write using the 6th Edition of the APA Manual and write in the THIRD person.
Cover any and all the additional points asked for in the material below:
- Cover/Title Page 2.5% (1 page)
- Table of Contents 2.5% (1 page – maybe more depending on your spacing?)
- Abstract 5% (1 page)
- Major components
a. Part 1 – Introduction & Definition sections: Define and compare “cause and effect” thinking AND paradoxical thinking 20%
b. Part II – Provide an example of a company that demonstrates paradoxical thinking 10%
c. Part III– Discuss whether or not one can learn paradoxical thinking and discuss the reasons for your answer 15%
d. Part IV – Paradoxical thinking is one of eight skills related to intelligence. Discuss why it is probably the least used 10%
e. Part V – Summarize your understanding of how management and leadership can utilize paradoxical thinking to improve the organization. 20%
- Use of illustrations, charts, and/or graphics. 5%
- Conclusion section 5%
- References page (minimum of five references) AND Correct APA citations and formatting throughout the paper 5%
Click on the “Week Four Assignment – Research Paper” link above to submit your assignment, as well as get more information regarding the due date and possible points. Grading Rubric is above & below and in the Course Resources section.
- Be written in 12 point font (Preferably Times New Roman)
- Have 1 inch margins on all sides
- Be double spaced
- Address the content required in the order specified
- Have your name (only) at the top of the page (additional class info and date are not necessary)
- Be written in APA format (which means your paper includes proper headers, appropriately descriptive section/topic titles, Introduction andConclusion sections, with citations, and References)
- Have five references, four of which must be peer reviewed
- Contain at least five pages in the main component section not including other listed pages or requirements, or graphs and charts