Victims of Domestic Abuse
Linda and her eight year old son are regularly beaten and insulted by her husband. Linda is financially dependent on her husband and is too scared to protest or to complain against his violent behavior. Her husband is well-known among the neighborhood as an ill-tempered and violent man.
Based on the above scenario, answer the following questions:
- In your opinion, what kind of help can be provided to Linda to ease her plight? Why? Support your answer with appropriate examples from articles or real-life situations.
- Which of the theories of domestic abuse are applicable to Linda’s husband? Why?
- Should Linda be blamed and held accountable for not adequately protecting her child from abuse? Why doesn’t Linda simply take her child and leave the situation? Conduct research to support your answer.
- Submit your answers in a 2–3 pages Microsoft Word document.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.