Whether in a scholarly or practitioner setting, good research and data analysis should have the benefit of peer feedback. For this Discussion, you will post your response to the hypothesis test, along with the results. Be sure and remember that the goal is to obtain constructive feedback to improve the research and its interpretation, so please view this as an opportunity to learn from one another.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this weekâ€™s Learning Resources and media program related to regression and correlation.
- Review Magnussonâ€™s web blog found in the Learning Resources to further your visualization and understanding of correlations between two variables.
- Construct a research question using the General Social Survey dataset, which can be answered by a Pearson correlation and bivariate regression. In order to acquire the data sets, please click on the following link https://class.waldenu.edu/bbcswebdav/institution/U… and the username is firstname.lastname@example.org and the password is Pitbull93! The course is Quantitative Reasoning and we are in Week 8.
By Day 3
Use SPSS to answer the research question. Post your response to the following:
- What is your research question?
- What is the null hypothesis for your question?
- What research design would align with this question?
- What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
- What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
- If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
- Explain your results for a lay audience; explain the answer to your research question