Studies shows that Masters and Johnson’s four phase model of sexual response listed above 10,000 cycles of sexual arousal and orgasm in a period of twelve years to arrive at a conclusion about a model of sexual response. In this model, there are four successive phases to the sexual response cycle.
- Based on your understanding about this model, compare the phases of this model to the following:
- Kaplan’s triphasic model of sexual response
- Loulan’s sexual response model
- Why was Masters and Johnson’s four phase model so controversial? Johnson argued that sexual problems are not the result of underlying neurosis or personality disorders, but are an outcome of lack of information, poor communication, or conflict between partners. Do you agree or disagree and why?
- Which model, according to you, is the most accurate model that describes the human sexual response? Why?
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format