Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to allow the students an opportunity to complete their financial evaluation of American Airlines using the financial provided an in-depth analysis of a company’s financials, comparisons to industry averages, a list of top executives, how the company compares to other competitors in terms of revenue, number of employees, market capitalization and other key financial metrics.
Review the Company Profile and answer the following questions in MicrosoftÂ® Word:
- What is the Ticker Symbol for the company you have selected?
- When was the company established?
- How many employees does it have?
- What is the NAICS Code?
- Who is the CEO?
- Where does the company rank in terms of Total Revenue when compared to its competitors?
- Where does the company rank in terms of Net Income when compared to its competitors?
- Where does the company rank in terms of Return on Assets when compared to its competitors?
- What is the Revenue in 2014 and 2015?
- What was the Gross Margin in 2014 and 2015?
- What was the Earnings per Share in 2014 and 2015? Save the Company Profile as a PDF document. Compare the 2015 Company Financials to the Industry Averages and export the results into a MicrosoftÂ® ExcelÂ® document. Add a new column in your MicrosoftÂ® ExcelÂ® document titled “Change” and calculate the difference between the company’s 2015 financial results and the industry averages. Explain in 1,500 words how the company you selected compares to the industry averages in terms of financial profitability, liquidity and solvency, and why the difference is important. Also review the financial statements over the last three years, and discuss any positive and negative trends would you report to the company’s management.