In your answers be sure to draw on the assigned material to show us that you’ve done mastered it. If you quote from a source, be sure to use quotation marks and to cite what you borrow. (Give source, author, page number or website address – in a parenthetical citation). Keep all quotations brief — no longer than one short sentence. Use quotations to clinch your main claim. Please do not plagiarize.
- How did the ideas of the Enlightenment and the Great Awakening offer contrasting accounts of the world to British Americans? What similarities were there between the two schools of thought?
- What were the consequences of the wars for empire in North America, Europe, and the world?
- What were the problems of the American frontier after 1763 and how did the British address these problems?
- Of the many attempts to reform British-Colonist relations and to tax British subjects in North America from 1761 to 1775, choose two significant reforms and discuss them at some length, giving details. What consequences did these reforms or taxes have on British-Colonist tensions?
- Who was Boyrereau Brinch and why is he mentioned in our textbook? What significant themes does his experience in the War of Independence illustrate? Name two and discuss them, giving details.
- How did the Revolutionary War provide both new opportunities and new challenges for slaves and free blacks in America?
https://openstax.org/details/us-history click “view online”