UNIT 8 TEXT QUESTIONS
- List three factors that contribute to the high life expectancy in such countries as Japan and Singapore.
- Explain why being part of a community, particularly one that meets regularly, can improve health.
- What service does Katie’s Krops provide?
- What is the purpose of Pink Shirt Day?
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, what are four consequences of underage drinking?
Critical Thinking Questions
- What kind of service project would help improve the life expectancy of the nations with the lowest life expectancy in the world?
- Why is gender balance an important factor in determining the health of a nation?
- How does social isolation contribute to poor health?
- How do grants help make communities healthier?
- Why are facts an important part of a persuasive argument?
Please post questions and answers on the Unit 8 discussion boards. Unless otherwise instructed, you should submit at least one full paragraph for each question.
Each discussion assignment is worth 5 points.
1. The United States ranks 34th in world health. Do some online research to determine where the United States is falling behind the other 33 nations. Choose one area, and suggest a program or action that could help address this area.
2. Describe an organization that is effectively addressing a health issue in your community. Provide a link to the organization’s website.