400-600 words minimum of 2 scholarly references
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400-600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions with your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
The human resources department of Matrix International Corporation (MIC) has recently hired you to revamp its performance appraisal system. The present performance appraisal system has not been reviewed for over 7 years. Even senior leadership at Matrix is concerned with the problems and potential inequities of this system. In fact, they have heard so many complaints about the performance appraisals from employees that they wonder if there is any value in conducting them at all. Complete the following:
- Discuss how focusing on the importance and value of performance appraisals can initiate a change at Matrix that will lead to organizational improvements.
- Address the meaning of performance appraisals and why job analyses and accurate job descriptions are critical to a performance appraisal process.
700-900 words with a minimum of 4 scholarly references
Senior leadership at Matrix are requesting an executive summary from human resources that will help them understand the need for a new performance appraisal system and the details associated with developing this process. This must be written in a manner that does not initially overwhelm the senior leaders at Matrix. You must gain their “buy in” to the need for developing a new performance appraisal system and demonstrate the value that will be gained for the organization.
As the leader of this project for human resources, you will be required to prepare the executive summary that will include the following information:
- The purpose and value of a performance appraisal system
- The components associated with the development of this system as well the criticality of job analyses and accurate job descriptions.
- The accountabilities associated with a performance appraisal system
- The advantages and disadvantages of performance appraisal systems
- The primary advantages of a new performance appraisal system to Matrix