Imagine that you are the HR Director at your current organization or an
organization with which you are familiar. As the HR Director, you must use
different employment law requirements to create methods and policies that
support the promotion of a diverse workforce. Select one (1) job opportunity
that you have held or with which you are familiar within the same organization
for this scenario.
(Note: You may create and / or make all necessary
assumptions needed for the completion of these assignments. In your original
work, you may use aspects of existing processes from either your current or a
former place of employment. However, you must remove any and all identifying
information that would enable someone to discern the organization[s] that you
Write a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you:
- Develop three (3) recruitment methods for the job opportunity in question,
and suggest two (2) ways that each method helps one to avoid discriminatory
practices. Justify your response.
- Outline an application process that details the organization’s method of
accepting all applications, as well as its method of validating applicants’
attainment of the required credentials (e.g., reviewing resumes, collecting
transcripts, verifying certifications, etc.) for the job opportunity.
- Develop a five- (5) step procedure for the HR Department to use in order to
maintain all applicants’ records in case a discriminatory charge occurs.
- Decide on three (3) background checks that the HR Department must utilize,
and justify the relevance of each background check for the job opportunity.
- Choose three (3) employment tests (e.g., drug tests, medical examinations,
HIV tests, generic tests, polygraphs, honesty tests, psychological tests,
intelligence and skills tests, and physical fitness, etc.) that the HR
Department should use. Justify the relevance of each selected employment test to
the job requirements.
- Formulate a policy for making both the hiring and promotional decisions
related to the job opportunity. Specify the major challenges and potential
adverse impact of using subjective criteria for assessing soft skills. Next,
suggest one (1) plan to mitigate the adverse impact. Justify your
- Recommend two (2) types of reasonable accommodations for both disabled
applicants and applicants needing special religious considerations. Argue two
(2) legal reasons for not being able to sufficiently provide such reasonable
accommodation for each group.
- Select one (1) case in which a court charged an organization with an
affirmative action violation and one (1) case in which a court charged the
organization with not managing harassment issues more expeditiously. Recommend
an action plan geared toward preventing the issues addressed in both cases
within your selected organization. Justify your recommendation.
- Choose three (3) work-life conflicts that the HR Director should consider
within the selected organization. Then, outline a policy geared toward resolving
each conflict through the use of related employment laws. Justify your
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note:
Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Determine employment laws that apply to the selection, development, and
management of employees.
- Evaluate policies and processes that promote a diverse workforce.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment
- Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing