Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
at least two (2) types of changes (e.g., public and society, law
enforcement officers, police bureaucracy, standards community
involvement, technology, etc.), and examine how the selected changes
have affected police operations, mission and values, or goals and
objectives in the 21st century in the United States. Support your
- Explain the various lines of communications present
within any given local law enforcement agency. Next, determine at least
two (2) challenges and concerns that law enforcement might encounter
with communication and suggest your strategy to mitigate the challenges.
Support your response.
- Examine the importance of police patrol in modern policing.
at least two (2) quality of life issues (e.g., panhandlers,
prostitution, problems associated with bars and clubs, police
interaction with individuals who are mentally ill, homeless people and
civil disobedience) that permeate modern law enforcement practices.
Propose a response to these issues, based on common practices as
outlined in the text, and provide your rationale.
- Compare and
contrast police reactions as they relate to violence in schools, homes,
and workplaces. Provide one (1) example of each to support your
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources as
references, such as journal articles, newspapers, magazines, and
publications from law enforcement associations. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and similar websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history of law enforcement.
- Compare and contrast the hierarchy of command associated with modern law enforcement agencies.
- Discuss the theoretical undertones of policing strategies (i.e., community policing, patrol patterns).
- Discuss ideological and practical positions and debate controversial issues in policing.
- Use technology and information resources to research advanced issues in law enforcement.
- Write clearly and concisely about advanced issues in law enforcement using proper grammar and mechanics.