Topic 2 CAT-Teacher Learning: What Matters?
One of our electronic readings this week (Teacher Learning: What Matters?), focuses on professional learning that makes
a difference for student learning.
What professional learning at your current setting or in the past had some of these qualities listed below? How did it impact teaching and learning?
- Deepens teachers’ knowledge of content and how to teach it to students.
- Helps teachers understand how students learn specific content.
- Provides opportunities for active, hands-on learning.
- Enables teachers to acquire new knowledge, apply it to practice, and reflect on the results with colleagues.
- Is part of a school reform effort that links curriculum, assessment, and standards to professional learning.
- Is it collaborative and collegial.
- Is it intensive and sustained over time.