Qualitative Article Summary
- Include in your post a 1 paragraph article summary including: 1) background on the public health issue, 2) article purpose, 3) methods, and 4) results.
- At the bottom of your post include 1 critical thinking question about the article. This can be related to the research design, research methods, or other related issue. This can information that is confusing to you or upon which you need additional information.
- Critical Thinking Questions should not be answered: with a 1 word response OR based on a single sentence in the article
- Post must include the following:
- A detailed summary of the article that is in the student’s own words (5 points). Be sure to appropriately paraphrase information. No credit will be earned for quoted material or plagiarized content.
- A critical thinking question (2 points). This question should be thought-provoking and relevant to research design, methods, ethics, or other related issues.