lick the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: State Sponsors of Terrorism
Due Week 6 and worth 100 points
U.S. Department of State designates and maintains a list of countries
that are officially designated as state sponsors of terrorism. There are
currently four (4) countries on this list: Cuba, Iran, Sudan, and
Choose one (1) of the four (4) countries designated as
state sponsors of terrorism. Next, use the Internet or Strayer databases
to research the terrorist group(s) that your chosen country sponsors.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
the key reasons why your chosen country has been designated by the U.S.
Department of State as a state sponsor of terrorism.
- Summarize the history of your country’s sponsorship of terrorism.
- Examine the terrorist group(s) that your chosen country sponsors and address the following:
- Identify the major reasons that your chosen country sponsors the group(s).
the level and type of support the chosen country gives to the group(s)
it sponsors (i.e. money, training, equipment, intelligence, etc.).
Assess the severity with which the effectiveness of the group(s) would
be impacted if they stopped receiving support from its state sponsor.
any attack(s) carried out by the group(s) being sponsored by your
chosen country, as well as the motivation and purpose for the attack(s).
Analyze the benefits afforded to state sponsors because of the
- Identify any public statements regarding
their relationship made by the chosen country and / or the terrorist
group(s) sponsored. Evaluate the validity of the statement(s) based on
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this
assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Interpret the operational functioning of terrorist groups.
- Describe the history and development of the major terrorist groups in the world.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in terrorism and antiterrorism.
- Write clearly and concisely about terrorism and antiterrorism using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic /
organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the
following rubric found here.