Parable of the Sadhu
Purpose: To look critically at Ethics in Law
Instructions: Once you have read the parable (attached) consider the following questions and prepare a short one-two page essay response.
Provide a short introduction to the Parable of the Sadhu. Then answer the following question drawing from the parable for examples and/or illustrations.
- Discuss the *cognitive dissonance that comes from one’s personal standards being in conflict with the rules of engagement in business.
- What is the nature of our responsibility, if we consider ourselves to be ethical person, to our co-workers, customers or society at large?
- Why is business ethics important?
*Cognitive Dissonance: the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.
- Prepare a well written, grammatically correct essay, using 12 – Times New Roman Format and double-spaced.
- Use grammatically correct business writing that is “audience centered, purposeful, persuasive, and economical” (M.E. Guffy & D. Loewy, 2010, p. 50).
- (If relevant) Be sure to cite your sources using APA. Please use the American Psychological Association (APA) format to cite your article. Instruction for using APA can be found online at https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ (Links to an external site.).
- Do not plagiarize.