Your proposed issue should reflect a genuine need for improvement within your selected health care organization. Through your Course Project, you will analyze this issue and propose strategies to improve outcome(s), including the redesign of a related process.
- Review the six quality improvement aims from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) presented in Chapter 3 of the Sadeghi, Barzi, Mikhail, and Shabot text.
- Conduct a search of the literature to help you identify a specific issue that warrants attention and action to promote quality improvement.
- Consider what you have surmised thus far through your analysis of the organization that you selected. What have you noticed that could help you identify a quality-related need for improvement? For instance:
- What has captured your attention in meetings, reports, and/or daily activities?
- Have you noticed discrepancies between activities in the organization and recommendations in the research literature, quality standards, and/or the organization’s stated policies and procedures?
- If so, what do you think could be the reason(s) for variations or gaps between what you have observed and what is recommended?
- Identify a quality improvement issue that you would like to investigate for this project.
- To complete: Write a brief description of the quality improvement issue that you would like to address for your Course Project.