1. Carefully review the following Power Point (1) Overview of Quantitative Research, 2) Designs, Instruments and Data Collection and 3) Sampling. Describe the two most interesting ideas from each power point presentation (Total of 6 ideas).
2. If you were planning a nursing study, which design(s) would be appropriate to determine if there are differences in health promoting behaviors between men and women? Describe why.
3. Which design would be appropriate if you were planning an education program for a group of patients? Describe why.
4. Where can a sample of participants be found to participate in a nursing research study? Why are inclusion and exclusion criteria important to identify before recruiting participants to a study?
5. What would be an appropriate sample size for the following and why:
The convenience sample of 60 individuals was recruited from MS Centers and the National MS Society. The variables were measured prior to starting the creative art program and following the final session (pre and post). The instruments included the Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale (SES), the Herth Hope Index (HHI), the Modified Social Support Survey (MSSS), and the MS Self-Efficacy Scale (MSSE).
6. After reading the Creative Art and MS study, what did you find interesting?