Word document of 4–5 pages
You have learned many of the basic elements of a chemical dependency center in today’s world. Now it is time to write a report that will be used in a final proposal for a new treatment center. Consider what you have already learned, and continue your research about addiction and recovery theories, services, and continuum of care to design the most effective treatment center possible. Based on current issues that you have learned about, consider the changes you believe could be made to improve this evolving system.
Start with some of the following questions:
- What do you think the future best practices might look like?
- How might you care for the professionals in a field while they are caring for their clients?
- What kind of professional development will the staff need to make this center a success? How might this improve services to those in need?
Given what you know and what your group discovered and discussed about modern treatment facilities, use your imagination to come up with a futuristic model of an addiction and recovery services center. Be sure to address the following information in a proposal of 4–5 pages:
- Type of facility
- Need for the facility
- Purpose of the facility
- Current issues or challenges the facility is designed to address
- Mission statement of the facility
- Philosophy or theories practiced within the facility
- Populations to be served by the facility
- Treatments used in the facility
- Physical appearance of the facility
- Type of staff
- Professional development that will be available to staff
- Additional important details
5 Page Review
Read and study the ACA Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice and the ethical code that is most relevant for your career and the ethical code for your certification or license. List the codes chosen and cite how they are relevant to your career choice.
- Give overview of ACA Code of Ethics for group counseling
- Discuss the ethical implications of group counseling
- Discuss the rights of group members
- Discuss the psychological risks of groups
- Discuss the group leader’s values.
Cite your sources using APA style and include references at the end.