Use the Framework for Ethical Decision Making as a basis to evaluate a Business Ethical Issue Presented in the News. You must first define your understanding of the Company’s business strategy and stated Mission, Vision & Values. You will then provide an overview of the Ethical Issue, highlight any facts presented in the article, Evaluate the impact of that ethical issue on the Project’s stakeholders (customers, investors/stockholders, employees, suppliers, community, environment, etc.) Turn in a 3 page power point presentation. You may use the framework presented below and provide your analysis in bullets. Please “answer” each of the following
three (3) major questions presented in this analysis .
Ethical Decision Making Framework
DEFINE BUSINESS STRATEGY:
1) Provide a high level overview of the Company’s Business Strategy
● What is the company’s strategy?
● What differentiates them from their competitors?
● What are the company’s stated: Mission, Vision & Values
● Can you find this company’s “Code of Conduct”
RECOGNIZE THE ETHICAL ISSUE
2) What was the ethical issue the business faced?
● Was this decision or situation damaging to someone or to some group? Which business stakeholders were impacted
● Does this decision involve a choice between a good and bad alternative, or perhaps between two “goods” or between two “bads”?
● Is this issue about more than what is legal or what is most efficient? If so, how?
GET THE BASIC FACTS PRESENTED IN THE ARTICLE
3) What are the relevant facts of the case? What facts are not known?
● What was the key decision the individual or business took that is at Question?
● What individuals and groups had/have an important stake in the outcome? Are some concerns more important? Why?