Assignment 2: LASA
Personal Vision of Nursing Leadership
In this assignment, you will create a personal vision of nursing leadership to help your plan for future success as a leader or manager within your chosen career field. You will review key topics that were covered throughout the course, to include personal strategic planning, leadership in healthcare policy-making, leadership theories, leadership styles, and you will create a personal philosophy of nursing leadership.
A personal vision of nursing leadership is a report that explains aspects of leadership you believe are important, and how you anticipate using your leadership skills within your own nursing practice. In developing your vision of nursing leadership, consider the competencies that have been identified throughout this course, the theoretical models of leadership described in the literature, and the characteristics of leaders that you believe are the most effective.
Use your textbook, the Argosy University Online Library, and/or the Internet to conduct research, and address the items listed below. In a 6- to 8-page paper, address all of the following:
- Define what a personal strategic plan is and discuss why this is important
- Analyze the importance of leadership in relationship to healthcare policies
- Discuss at least 3 leadership theories
- Discuss your preferred leadership style
- Describe and discuss your personal leadership philosophy. Be sure to integrate theoretical aspects of organizational systems, change management, and leadership as applicable in this discussion.
Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to the Submissions Area. Support your findings with examples and scholarly references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M7_A2.doc.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Defined what a personal strategic plan is and discussed why this is important.||
|Analyzed the importance of leadership in relationship to healthcare policies.||
|Discussed at least 3 leadership theories.||
|Discussed your preferred leadership style.||
|Described a personal leadership philosophy in which the theoretical aspects of organizational systems, change management, and leadership are integrated as applicable.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. APA format was used.||