- Consider the differences between a social problem and a research problem as this is applied within your specific program of study.
- Review the Guide to Academic Journaling.
- Review this week’s media resources.
- Review the grading rubric located in the Course Information area of the course for information regarding how your Journal entries will be evaluated.
For your first Journal entry, respond to the following:
What social problems are you interested in pursuing for your dissertation research study? For one of these social problems, what research problem might be appropriate based on the literature you have reviewed?
B) The American Psychological Association (APA) style is key to scientific writing. It ensures consistent formatting and standards across disciplines, lends credibility to your writing, and even helps you avoid plagiarizing by ensuring you trace your sources. Being fluent in APA formatting and grammar can make your writing process smoother and your writing clearer.
The following multiple choice quiz assesses your knowledge and understanding of APA format and grammar. The quiz is not timed and is meant for you to gauge your proficiency with applying APA requirements in your doctoral studies. You are allowed to retake the quiz multiple times. At the end of the quiz, you will see your score and will be directed to further resources.
To prepare for this Knowledge Check:
- Review the APA manual to prepare for the quiz.
- As needed, you may want to review some of the APA format and grammar resources provided in the Optional Resources section.
To assess your knowledge and understanding of APA format and grammar and to discover areas that need to be strengthened, respond to each item and click Submit upon completing all items. Retake the quiz as many times as you need to maximize your learning and improve your score.