Review the case study “Alaska Airlines: Navigating Change” and then complete the following: (a) State what actually occurred in the case regarding Kotter’s steps 5 and 6 of empowering employees for broad-based action and generating short-term wins, and (b) reflect on what you think should have been done in the change effort regarding those two steps. State your reflection as recommendations to implement Kotter’s steps 5 and 6.
This milestone will help you build Section II parts E and F of your final project.
E. Enable Action by Removing Barriers
1. Identify the forces, barriers, and hindrances to the organizational change effort, and describe each.
2. How can resistance be recognized? How will you eliminate resistance or mitigate its impact on the implementation of the change plan?
3. Describe actions that will enable and empower employees to help drive the change effort.
F. Generate Short-Term Wins
1. Determine how you will generate short-term wins. How will you reward these wins?
2. What can be gained from short-term wins? Support your response.
Guidelines for Submission: Your paper must be submitted as a 3–6-page Microsoft Word document with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, one inch margins, and at least three sources cited in APA format.