1,250-word (not including references as word count) count minimum with three scholarly sources in APA format. The Complete assignments follow the assigned material fairly closely, focusing on organizational culture and on developing and managing ethics programs in the organization.
Outside sources are required for Q1. Two articles are posted in the Unit 4 Course Materials.
Q2 and Q4 might both benefit from the use of outside sources, but they are not required.
Q3 can be answered fully using information from the Read and Attend sections of the course
1 Organizational Culture at Wells Fargo
“Explicit statements of values, beliefs, and customs usually come from upper management [and] are all formal expressions of an organization’s culture” (Ferrell, Fraedrich & Ferrell, 2013, p. 184). Review Wells Fargo’s stated ethical values in Table 7.1, and answer the following:
1) How do Wells Fargo’s stated ethical values compare with the scandal that was revealed in September 2016, in which Wells Fargo opened and/or applied for more than 2 million credit cards and bank accounts without customers’ knowledge or approval, or more recent claims that Wells Fargo modified mortgages without customer permission?
Hint: Go to the Bethel library website (http://bethelu.libguides.com/cps). Select “opposing viewpoints in context,” and search for the Wells Fargo scandal. Select “news” and sort the results by date.
2 Codes of Conduct
Review the material on Codes of Conduct in Chapter Eight. Then read the debate issue on page 223. Clearly state whether you think:
1) Poorly written (or absent) codes of conduct help explain the widespread misconduct that has been prevalent in the financial industry, or
2) Codes of conduct are only a small part of the ethical culture of an organization and do little to explain the misconduct in the financial industry.
Explain your answer.
An Ethical Dilemma – Butterfly Industries
Read the Butterfly Industries scenario on pp. 239-240. Put yourself in Chantal’s position, charged with creating an ethics committee, and answer the following:
1) How can the steps in Chapter Eight help the committee create an effective ethics program?
2) What material from Chapter Nine can be used to manage the program once it is implemented?
Read the Chapter Nine debate issue on page 263. Clearly state whether you think
1) The BBB Torch Award criteria represented the best audit method for a smaller company, or
2) The audit represent in Table 9.5 offers a better way.
Explain your answer.