A) Review van Cleave (2016) Chapter 3. If we need to make complex inferences, what intellectual virtues does Van Cleave argue we should employ? Discuss an example from your professional or personal life where these virtues would help strengthen your ability to make logical inferences.
B) What misconceptions often rise around the idea of a scientific “theory”? What are the characteristics of good scientific theories?
C) Review Van Cleave (2016) Chapter 3. Look at the example of Linda the bank teller (p. 175).
Now answer the following questions:
- What is the conjunction fallacy?
- Where have you committed this fallacy in your professional or personal life?
- What steps can you take to recognize and change your thinking?
Requirements for Discussion Boards
- Use the required readings to analyze and engage the discussion board questions.
- Your initial post should be roughly 300 words. Each subsequent post should be 100 words (plus or minus 10%).
- Include one or two scholarly sources that are not required or recommended for the HUM 101 course. Google scholar is a good place to find these sources.
- Format your discussion, including all in-text citations and references, according to the APA format.
I HAVE ATTACHED THE NOTES & EXAMPLE POST FOR YOU.