Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions. Atleast two Scholarly Peer- Reviewed Journals are required as references.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Do not make any changes in the cover page.
- This Assignment comprise of a Case Study.
- Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Assignment Purposes/Learning Outcomes:
After completion of Assignment-2 students will able to understand the
- Defining the concepts, theories and approaches of project management. (L.O-1.1)
- Analyze to work effectively and efficiently as a team member for project related cases. (L.O-3.1)
Assignment-2: Case Study & Discussion questions
Assignment Question:(Marks 10)
Please read the Case-3.2 “Horizon Consulting.”from Chapter 3 “Organization: Structure and Culture” given in your textbook – Project Management: The Managerial Process 8th edition by Larson and Gray page no: 101-103 also refer to specific concepts you have learned from the chapter to support your answers. Answer the following questions for Part-1, Part-2.
Part-1: Case study questions
- How successful was the post-meeting? Explain in 100 words (1 Mark).
- What factors contributed to the success or failure of this meeting? Explain in 100 words (1 Mark).
- What kind of project management structure does Horizon use? Is it the right structure? Explain in 300 words (4 Marks)
- Going to college is analogous to working in a matrix environment in that most students take more than one class and must distribute their time across multiple classes. What problems does this situation create for you? How does it affect your performance? How could the system be better managed to make your life less difficult and more productive? (2 Marks) (150-200 words)
- You work for Barbata Electronics. Your R&D people believe they have come up with an affordable technology that will double the capacity of existing MP3 players and use an audio format that is superior to MP3. The project is code named KYSO (Knock Your Socks Off). What kind of project management structure would you recommend they use for the KYSO project? What information would you like to have to make this recommendation and why? (2 Marks) (150-200 words).
Part-2: Discussion questions
Please read Chapter 3 “Organizaton: Structure and Culture” carefully and then give your answers on the basis of your understanding.