Directions: Create a professionally-styled menu to include at least:
- Six Entrees
- Six Appetizers, Soups and/or Appetizer Salads
- Five Side Dishes – vegetables, starches etc. Do not include rolls or bread.
- Four Desserts
- Four Beverages
Menus will be evaluated according to their appropriateness to the type of restaurant of your choosing:
- Fast-casual, family-dining, fusion, ethnic, fine dining etc.
- Menu should be created as if it is going to be handed to a customer.
- The menu should include prices that are appropriate to the style of the restaurant.
- Listings of menu items should include descriptions where necessary
- Your menu will be graded on completeness, adherence to the basic
principles of menu design, accuracy, terminology, neatness, spelling,
legibility, originality and professionalism.
Follow all the principles of menu design discussed in class and from
handouts. It is recommended that you use a word processing program and/or
presentations program (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint) to design the text and
artwork for your menu.