- Read the case study presented at the end of Chapter 9 (Guido, p. 185-186).
- Did the lack of documentation in the admitting nurse’s assessment and notes affect the ultimate outcome of this case?
- Was there negligence on the part of the nursing staff in the care of this patient?
- What could the nurse have done differently to facilitate a different outcome in this case?
- How would you decide this case?
- Using the sample professional liability insurance policy (Guido, p. 193-194), locate the various provisions:
- Limits of liability
- Reservation of rights
- Covered injuries
- Defense costs
- Coverage conditions and supplementary payments
you have difficulty finding some of the sections? Would this be a
policy that you would consider purchasing for your own liability
coverage? Why or why not?
- Read the case study presented at the end of Chapter 10 (Guido, p. 198)
provisions of an insurance policy would you consult to determine if an
insurance company should pay such a claim, and what would the limits of
the liability be?
- Is the nursing home insurance company correct in saying that this is a professional judgment issue?
insurance company (the nursing home’s or that of the administrator of
the nursing home, assuming she has coverage) should pay the
- Was the physician neglectful in this case or does the responsibility lie primarily on the nurse?
It should be noted that every essay provided by Customdissertations.org is for research purposes. Customers are not allowed to submit the paper as it is in their universities. In case any customer misuses it, he/she will be solely responsible for it.
- Assignment Writing Service
- Do My Homework
- Essay Help Service
- Pay For Assignment
+1 (940) 305-2632