In this assignment, you will do the following tasks:
- Create a clear and appropriate introductory paragraph on the topic you chose in Week 6 that contains your thesis statement.
An introductory paragraph should begin with a hook (a question, famous quote, definition, statistic, etc.) in the first sentence, and it should lead to your thesis statement, which should be placed in the last sentence of the introductory paragraph. A well-constructed introductory paragraph should be at least 7–10 sentences long, and it should avoid first and second person language (I, me, my, we, our, us, you, your, yourselves, etc.).
- Apply any revisions to your thesis statement as instructed in your Week 7 writing assignment feedback. As a reminder, here are the topics:
- Is it wise to unplug for a summer? A current topic being explored by some parents is going unplugged for a summer, which means eliminating the use of all or many parts of technology, such as computers, iPods/iPads, and televisions for the summer months. Is this a good idea given the over-dependence on technology? Alternatively, is it a poor decision given the many benefits of technology?
- Do people depend on texting too much? Has it changed people for better or worse?
- Should recycling be mandatory?
- Should there be higher taxes on soft drinks and junk food to encourage healthier eating?
- Is Facebook a detriment or value to society?
Use a word processing program like MS Word or Open office to complete your writing. Your assignment should be substantive and free of spelling and grammatical errors. Use APA style for citation of sources. Give reasons in support of your responses. Be sure to cite any relevant sources.