Introductory Speech and Self-Review
Due Week 3: 95 points
1) Part 1: Record or upload your speech. 2 minute limit
o Refer to your outline or speaking notes to deliver your speech. Do not read
your notes word for word.
o Follow the technical instructions for recording your video in the “Assignment
1.2” section located in Week 3 of your course.
o Remember to watch your recording. Do you want to submit it, or do you want
to record another version?
2) Part 2: Complete the self-review questions.
o After you have recorded your speech, address the self-review questions in the
“Assignment 1.2” section located in Week 3 of your course. This reflection
helps you step back and take a second look at your work, with an eye on
improvement and highlighting your achievements!
3) Submit your speech and self-review in Blackboard.
Address the following self review questions:
(Please number and address all 5 questions)
1. How clear and consistent are the speech and visual quality? Are there parts that are difficult to hear and see? If so, note those concerns here.
2. Does the speech meet the time requirements set by the assignment’s guidelines? If not, what could have been done differently?
3. As a speaker, how well did you focus on the speech topic and connect with the audience? Explain.
4. Is the speech delivered with strong eye contact, an expressive voice, and good non-verbal communication (gestures or other physical movements). If so, celebrate and elaborate here. If not, describe changes you will make for the next speech.
5. Describe one thing you did well in this speech. Describe one thing you would change about your speech.