You are the information technology manager for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The mission of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is to lead the unified national effort to secure the United States. The aim is to prevent and deter terrorist attacks and protect against and respond to threats and hazards to the nation. The Department of Homeland Security ensures safe and secure borders, welcomes lawful immigrants and visitors, and promotes the free flow of commerce. The department is currently researching ways to improve its ability to protect the United States from a terrorist or militant attack.
You have been asked to participate with the development of a set of agency-specific strategic principles for your organization to enable it to effectively identify vulnerabilities and develop risk assessment.
Develop a set of agency-specific strategic principles (a minimum of three) for your organization.
Create a write-up of two to three pages in Microsoft Word and include answers to the following in your write-up:
- What is the purpose and mission of your organization?
- What agency-specific strategic principles do you recommend for your organization?
- Why do you think the set of strategic principles you developed would best suit your organizations’ needs?
- What strategic plans would you propose to avoid failure of the new information systems management?
- What backup plans would you propose in case the new information systems management fails?