You will be conducting an in depth analysis of one of the six (6) main Federal social welfare programs.
As is done in social advocacy work in the field, it is important to convey your message succinctly, clearly, and with concrete evidence. Include hard hitting facts that will make the biggest impression on your stakeholders (legislators/policy makers). This type of “white paper” is used to quickly inform stakeholders on your issue and what they can do to improve the program/policy.
You will pick one of the six programs (below) on which to write your white paper. It can be any program you are most interested in or passionate about.
The paper will be one page exactly (12 point font) and formatting should be done in such a way that it makes it easy for stakeholders to read and absorb the information.
Please refer to the following White Paper sections of the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) website for examples and instructions:
- Purpose and Audience – https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/546/01/
- Organization and Other Tips – https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/546/02/
- White Paper PPT Presentation – https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/546/03/
This week, Part II of the assignment is due. Feedback will be provided on this submission to use in the final version. (See the full assignment description in ‘Getting Started’ for complete assignment details.)
Part II – Improvement Suggestions
- This submission focuses on proposed solutions to the problems and/or issues identified in Part I.
- This submission should parallel the remaining sections described on the Organization and Other Tips page of the Purdue OWL site.