Assignment 1: Social Performance of Organizations
Due Week 4 and worth 290 points
According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becoming
integrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship between business
and society is becoming more complex. Use the Internet to research Apple. Use a
tablet, smartphone, laptop, desktop, or traditional video recorder to record a
maximum of a five to seven (5-7) minute dynamic video on the topics detailed
below. Alternatively, you may submit a four to six (4-6) page paper instead of
the video submission.
Note: If you are using a tablet or smartphone you will need
to email the video file to yourself, then save it to a computer in order to
upload to Blackboard. You may want to upload your video to a file sharing
service, such as Dropbox, if your email will not let you send a large video
file. Dropbox is accessible from all smartphones and tablets from the Dropbox
Once you are ready to upload your video to Blackboard, view the Kaltura video
tutorial found in your online course shell (Week 4).
Please use the following naming convention in the popup window for your video
once it is finished uploading:
- Title: Your First Name, Your Last Name – Social Performance
- Tags: BUS475, Social Performance
- Description: First Name, Last Name – BUS475 Assignment 1
(Date Uploaded ex. 11-14-2014)
Prepare and present a video that is a maximum of five to seven (5-7) minutes
OR write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Specify the nature, structure, and types of products or services of Apple,
and identify two (2) key factors in the organization’s external environment that
can affect its success. Provide explanation to support the rationale.
- Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the
organization’s financial performance. Provide support for the response.
- Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern
associated with Apple.
- Submit a reference page with at least four (4) quality references that you
have used for this presentation / paper. Note: Wikipedia and
other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
If you choose the written paper, your assignment must follow these formatting
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in which
they are part of an interactive system.
- Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and
- Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles,
- Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility and
- Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions of
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and
- Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing