SAFE ASSIGN WILL BE USED FOR PLAGIARISM. PLEASE DO NOT PLAGIARIZE THIS ASSIGNMENT. ALSO, PLEASE READ THE PREP ARTICLES AND USE INFORMATION FROM THE ARTICLES.
Assignment 1: Careers in Lodging, and Food and Beverage Industries
Due Week 3 and worth 200 points
To prepare for your assignment, review “Career Paths of a Hospitality Management Student”, located at http://www.hcareers.com/us/resourcecenter/tabid/306/articleid/573/default.aspx.
This article provides an overview of the various responsibilities of
managers that are commonly found in the hospitality and tourism
Next, read “A Day in the Life of David Lindahl, General Manager of Daily Diner Frogtown”, located at http://minneapolis.eater.com/2013/7/19/6399397/a-day-in-the-life-of-david-lindahl-general-manager-of-daily-diner. Then, read “The Day in the Life of a Hotel GM vs. CEO”, located at: http://hospitality.cvent.com/blog/charmed-by-hospitality-marketing/the-day-in-the-life-of-a-hotel-gm-vs-ceo.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe the various types of management careers that can be offered within each industry (lodging, and food and beverage).
- Compare and contrast the differences between the General Management (GM) positions within the two industries.
- Analyze and describe the growth in overall employment within these
two industries and how this overall growth is forecasted within the next
- Recommend at least three human resource practices in which each
industry can better recruit and retain management talent for their
- Use at least three quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not quality as academic resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA
format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.