Please answer all questions.
- (15 points). In the years following World War II the number of hospital beds in the United States increased. Recently the total number of beds has been declining each year. Explain the reason for the increase and then explain factors causing the current decline.
- (10 points). List the market forces that caused the large increase in ambulatory services. Consider the view of both consumers and health care organizations.
- (5 points). From a physicianâ€™s point of view list four advantages of a group practice compared to a solo practice.
- (10 points). Define these three terms frequently used in the field of health insurance:
- (10 points). The text points out that medical insurance does not cover mental health as well as general health services. Discuss the issue of the lack of parity for mental health and suggest the causes of the problem.
- (10 points). Today in most countries long-term care is considered to cover more than just nursing homes. Describe the meaning of our textbook chapter title, â€œThe Continuum of Long-term Careâ€. Currently what is considered â€œlong-term careâ€?
- Traditional nursing home care can cost over $8,000 per month. Discuss alternatives to traditional nursing home care. Discuss the payment sources for â€œtraditional nursing homesâ€ and the alternatives.
- Briefly discuss the history of hospitals. Based upon this history and current trends in medical systems, how do you think hospital will change in the next 10 years.
- Describe how hospitals have used vertical and horizontal integration to respond to changes in the health care environment.
- Why has there been a large increase in ambulatory services, and how has this affected other parts of the health care delivery system?
- Discuss the current role of the federal government in public health activities.