Section 1: Database Design Diagram (Using Microsoft Visio is optional; you may also use any other application you know or even draw the diagram with pen and paper and take a picture of it for submission.)
- Create a database diagram with the entities and attributes that the scenario identified (i.e., a college tracking students, courses, and instructors).
- Submit your diagram.
Section 2: Design Summary (Microsoft Word or equivalent)
3. Write a one (1) page paper in which you:
- Discuss the degree to which you believe your diagram reflects the database design.
Section 2 of your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Submit the design summary as a Microsoft Word file.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the role of databases and database management systems in managing organizational data and information.
- Compose conceptual data modeling techniques to capture the information requirements.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in database systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about relational database management systems using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.