I’m working on a biology exercise and need support to help me learn.
1. Draw, label, caption and upload a diagram that shows how an individual’s genotype is expressed in it’s phenotype. Include the following:
The initiation of transcription including these regulatory proteins: one activator, one enhancer, one DNA bending protein, one promoter, one gene, RNA polymerase
The full process of transcription
- mRNA processing & splicing
- The full process of translation including three codons translated into their three respective amino acids
- Explanation of the relationship between genotype and phenotype at the molecular level in the caption
- All three types of RNA labeled
- anticodon of tRNA correctly labeled for the final amino acid in the little polypeptide
2. Draw, label, caption and upload a series of diagrams that show the different ways that gene expression is controlled in the order that they happen in the cell. Include the following:
- DNA packing with labeled DNA, histones, nucleosomes, fully formed chromosome.
- Caption explaining how gene expression is controlled by DNA packing.
Control of gene expression at the transcription level with labeled transcription factors and regulatory genes.
- Caption explaining how gene expression is controlled at the transcription level.
- Caption explaining how this leads to the formation of different mRNA products from a single gene.
- The role miRNAs in controlling gene expression, with associated caption
- mRNA breakdown, with associated caption
- Protein processing, with associated caption