In this assignment, you will be given a classroom scenario that will allow you to practice your ability to foster collaboration between the classroom teacher and an assisting paraeducator.
Mrs. Smith is a teacher in an inclusion classroom that will have a total of 30 students including four students with LD and two students with ED. She was just informed that a paraeducator would assist her in the classroom for the new school year. She has spoken to the paraeducator and it appears that the two will work very well together in terms of compatible personalities and philosophies regarding students with exceptionalities. However, Mrs. Smith has never worked with a paraeducator before. Further, the paraeducator has never had this job role before, but has worked as a Sunday school teacher and loves children.
Based on the scenario, address the following prompts in a 1,000-1,250-action plan summary:
- Goal statement for collaboration purposes.
- Basic rules/expectations for all students in the classroom (minimum of four).
- Roles and responsibilities of the teacher and the paraeducator.
- Outline of training that the teacher will provide for the paraeducator.
- Recommended steps to take, for all involved stakeholders, to evaluate student progress.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.