“Religion has affected Indian’s foodways, but India’s foodways have affected India’s religion even more”
* Using the information you have learned from reading the article and taking notes on the questions, please provide a written response to support this quote.
- What are cow-protection laws?
- Why is the ban on the slaughter of cattle and the consumption of beef considered to be the most famous of the irrational foodways?
- Was the cow always considered sacred? What happened to cause a change in thinking and what did religion have to do with it?
- Name some of the benefits oxen provide to farmers in India
- Why did cattle and not some other animal become the quintessential symbol of Hinduism?
500 word minimum please, Please make sure you provide a word count.
Journals should be a minimum of 500 words. Please provide a word count for your journal.