- Read the work several times (maybe read parts of it aloud) making note of the features that seem particularly beautiful, inspiring, emotional, meaningful, or true. Consider the following questions:
- How does the work help us better value goodness?
- How does the work help us better understand Truth?
- How does the work help us better recognize and appreciate beauty?
- Focus your thoughts into an argument about how the work of literature helps us better understand aspects of the Christian faith.
- Compose a thesis-driven, organized essay presenting your argument and using textual support for your points.
You should not do any significant research on the literary work, since the assignment is on your own reflections about it.
Style and Length
Your essay should be written in correct MLA format, and it should be between 1000-1500 words long.