Max Points: 205
Before beginning the synthesis process, it is important to become acquainted with the analysis and comparison of empirical articles. In the previous assignment, you engaged with the Comparison Matrix, a tool for analysis and comparison of empirical articles. In this assignment, you will take the next step toward synthesis and write about your observations of the articles you compared using the Comparison Matrix.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to the Comparison Matrix you completed in the Module 2 assignment along with the assignment feedback from your instructor.
- Review: Weidman, J. C., & Stein, E. L. (2003). Socialization of doctoral students to academic norms. Research in Higher Education, 44(6), 641-656. Available below.
- Review: Baker, V., & Lattuca, L. R. (2010). Developmental networks and learning: toward an interdisciplinary perspective on identity development during doctoral study. Studies in Higher Education, 35(7), 807-827.attached below
- Review: Visser, L., Visser, Y. L., & Schlosser, C. (2003). Critical thinking distance education and traditional education. Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 4(4), 401-407. attached below
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Locate the Comparison Matrix you completed in the Module 2 assignment. Using the outline you developed, the information from the Comparison Matrix, and the feedback provided by your instructor, write a paper (750-1,000 words) that compares all three of the articles. Do that by including the following:
- A statement of common elements and themes addressed in each of the three articles.
- A statement of the conclusions that can be drawn when the articles are taken together as a single entity. What is the overall message of the group of articles?
Note: please use APA format. Do not forget to list your references and include the in-text citations. Also please use current (meaning within the past 5 years) scholarly, journal articles as references. Thanks