You will select a case law pertaining to the topic of contract law.
Using your selected court decision, prepare an analysis that responds to the following:
- Articulate the importance, context, purpose, and relevance of law in a business environment:
- Identify the parties who are before the court.
- Provide a brief background of the problem. Summarize the facts in no more than 2–3 paragraphs.
- Identify the specific disagreement between the parties.
- Explain the ruling of the court in no more than 1–2 paragraphs.
- Evaluate key judicial concepts that influence the decisions related to business:
- Was there a dissenting opinion? If so, explain why some of the judges or justices disagreed with the majority in the decision.
- Do you agree with the court’s decision? Why or why not?
You may choose any court case, either state or federal, as the
basis for your case law analysis; however, the case should be applicable
to the assignment topic. The recommended Web sites for researching and
locating a case are listed in the Resources area.
Your analysis should be no more than two pages, double-spaced.
References and citations are to adhere to APA formatting and style
guidelines. Prior to submitting your assignment, be sure to review the
scoring guide to ensure you have met all of the grading criteria. Sources to use: https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us-supreme-court https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/home http://supreme.nolo.com/ https://www.oyez.org/cases/2017