Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 3: Business-Level and Corporate-Level Strategies
Due Week 6 and worth 300 points
an industry you have not yet written about in this course, and one
publicly traded corporation within that industry. Research the company
on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange
Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml),
in the University’s online databases, and any other sources you can
find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help
address some of these questions.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
the business-level strategies for the corporation you chose to
determine the business-level strategy you think is most important to the
long-term success of the firm and whether or not you judge this to be a
good choice. Justify your opinion.
- Analyze the corporate-level
strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the
corporate-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term
success of the firm and whether or not you judge this to be a good
choice. Justify your opinion.
- Analyze the competitive
environment to determine the corporation’s most significant competitor.
Compare their strategies at each level and evaluate which company you
think is most likely to be successful in the long term. Justify your
- Determine whether your choice from Question 3 would differ in slow-cycle and fast-cycle markets.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify various levels and types of strategy in a firm.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business administration.
- Write clearly and concisely about business administration using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.