Assignment 3: Recruiting
Imagine you are presenting a new global recruiting strategy to your boss. Choose either Japan or Saudi Arabia, and research business strategies for recruiting in your chosen region. Identify the top three to five (3-5) factors that would need to be considered when recruiting in the country you chose. Close with a persuasive summary on why you believe these factors are important. Close with a persuasive summary that explains why these factors are important. Demonstrate your findings to your boss in the form of a PowerPoint presentation.
Create a four to eight (4-8) slide PowerPoint in which you:
- Summarize your findings about recruiting in either Japan or Saudi Arabia.
- Identify the top three to five (3-5) factors that would need to be considered when recruiting in your chosen region.
- Develop a persuasive closing summary that describes why the factors you identified are important.
- Include links or references to one to three (1-3) quality resources based on your research. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
a. Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and one (1) relevant graphic (photograph, graph, clip art, etc.). Ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from up to 18 feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
b. Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze international business strategy to identify human resource requirements and formulate supporting HRM plans that can improve productivity and contribute to the firm’s competitiveness.
- Propose staffing alternatives for foreign operations and address the considerations for the use of expatriates versus localization or third-country nationals.
- Assess recruiting and selection strategies that can be used to effectively meet organizational requirements for operating in multiple countries.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in global HRM.
- Write clearly and concisely about global HRM using proper writing mechanics.