BIOL 2000 Delgado Community College Biology Study guide
Are you stressed by poor grades and tight deadlines? We have your back. We can do this or a different assignment for you at an affordable price. Use customdissertations.org writing services to score better and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
1. Be able to calculate total magnification.
2. List what charge is associated with basic dyes.
3. List what charge is associated with acidic dyes.
4. Define parfocal.
5. Define parcentral.
6. Define contrast.
7. Define resolution.
8. Know the function of the parts of the microscope.
9. Know the names of the objective lenses of the microscope (example: 4X = scanning objective).
10. Define bacteriology.
11. Define Mycology.
12. Define Virology.
13. Define Morphology.
14. Define Taxonomy.
15. Define Ecology
16. Define prokaryotic cell.
17. Define eukaryotic cell.
18. Define Pathogen.
19. List characteristics of 3 domains of life. (bacterial, archaea, eukarya)
20. Correctly write the scientific name of a microbe.
21. Correctly abbreviate the scientific name of a microbe
22. Define cocci.
23. Define bacilli.
24. Define coccobacillus.
25. Define vibrio.
26. Define spirillum.
27. Define spirochete.
28. Define pleomorphic.
29. Define diplococci.
30. Define streptococci.
31. Define staphylococci
32. Define tetrad.
33. Define sarcina.
34. Define diplobacilli.
35. Define streptobacilli.
36. Define palisades
37. Identify the genera that can produce endospores.
38. Define plasmids and identify their function.
39. Identify the type of ribosomes found in prokaryotic cells.
40. Define nucleoid.
41. Describe the organization of the gram-positive cell wall.
42. Describe the organization of the gram-negative cell wall.
43. Identify the molecule that is found only the gram-positive cell wall and not the gram-negative cell wall.
44. Identify the molecule that is found in both gram-positive and gram-negative cell walls.
45. Identify the molecule that is found only in the gram-negative cell wall and not in the gram-positive cell wall.
46. Define yeasts.
47. Define molds.
48. Define dimorphic
49. List the polysaccharide unique to fungal cell walls.
50. Define hyphae.
51. Define mycelium
52. Describe the general characteristics of algae.
53. Describe the general characteristics of protozoans.
54. Define virus.
55. Define virion
56. Define capsid.
57. Define capsomer
58. Define prion.
59. Identify where B cells become immunocompetent.
60. Identify where T cells become immunocompetent
61. List the 5 classes of immunoglobulins. Name the characteristics that are unique to each class.
62. Describe the three reactions that occur when the complement system activates.
63. Describe the forms of immunological memory and know examples of each.
a. Define naturally acquired active immunity.
b. Define naturally acquired passive immunity.
c. Define artificially acquired active immunity.
d. Define artificially acquired passive immunity.
64. Identify immune cells that function as antigen presenting cells (APCs).
65. Define epitope/antigenic determinant?
66. Describe the signs and symptoms of inflammation.
67. Define first line defenses? Identify examples of first line defenses.
68. Define second line defenses. Identify examples of second line defenses.
69. Identify the cell types that produce antibodies.
70. Define oncogenic viruses.
71. Define teratogenic viruses.
72. Identify the disease associated with Herpes Simplex Virus 1.
73. Identify the disease associated with Herpes Simplex Virus 2.
74. Identify the diseases associated with Varicella-Zoster virus.
75. Identify cancers associated with EBV.
76. Identify long term complications of Hepatitis B and C.
77. Identify a significant female reproductive cancer associated with HPV.
78. Identify the diseases associated with Treponema pallidum.
79. Identify the disorder associated with Borrelia burgdorferi.
80. Identify the disorder associated with Vibrio cholerae.
81. Describe the appearance of the diarrhea that occurs during cholera.
82. Identify the disorder associated with Helicobacter pylori.
83. Identify the disorder associated with Rickettsia rickettsii.
84. Identify the disorders associated with Chlamydia trachomatis.
85. Identify the disorder associated with Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
86. Identify the common component found in the cell wall of all pathogenic gram-negative bacilli.
87. Identify the greenish-blue pigment produced by P. aeruginosa.
88. Identify the disease that is caused by Francisellatularensis.
89. Identify the disease associated with Bordetella pertussis.
90. Identify the antigens used to serotype different strains of E. coli
91. Identify the classic clinical finding of a patient who has a Klebsiella pneumonia.
92. Define dysentery.
93. Identify the category of infections P. aeruginosa is associated with.
94. Identify the two genera that form endospores.
95. Identify the diseases/disorders associated with C.perfringens.
96. Identify the diseases/disorders associated with C.tetani.
97. Identify how tetanus is prevented.
98. Identify the diseases/disorders associated with C.difficile.
99. Describe the clinical history of a patient that develops C-diff infection.
100. Identify where most cases of C-diff infection develop.
101. Identify the diseases/disorders associated with C.botulinum.
102. Identify the process that when not performed properly may lead to development of botulism.
103. Identify the genus of bacteria that are acid-fact positive.
104. Identify the component of the cell wall that allow Mycobacteria to stain acid-fast positive.
105. Identify the organism that caused tuberculosis.
106. Identify the disease associated with M.leprae.
107. Define furuncle. Identify the organism commonly associated with this infection.
108. Define carbuncle. Identify the organism commonly associated with this infection.
109. Define impetigo. Identify the organism commonly associated with this infection.
110. Identify the disease/disorder associated with N.gonorrhoeae.
111. Identify the disease/disorder associated with N.meningitidis.
112. Identify the diseases/disorders that S.pneumoniae is associated with.
113. Identify the diseases/disorders that S.mutans is associated with.
114. Identify the habitat within the human body where S.mutans is found.
115. Identify the diseases/disorders that S.pyogenes is associated with.
116. Define alpha hemolysis.
117. Define beta hemolysis.
We offer CUSTOM-WRITTEN, CONFIDENTIAL, ORIGINAL, and PRIVATE writing services. Kindly click on the ORDER NOW button to receive an A++ paper from our masters- and PhD writers.
Get a 10% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE10
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper