As it talks about creating a PP from assignment 2; attached is the paper for assignment 2
It is your responsibility as the HR Director of the same organization
from Assignment 2 to a) create policies regarding pay and benefits for
the selected job opportunity, and b) develop methods for both addressing
unionization and implementing OSHA regulations. You will present your
findings to the Vice President of Human Resources for approval.
In preparation for this assignment, review the following articles on contractors vs. employees and temp workers:
- “Distinguishing Independent Contractors and Employees”
- “The Expendables: How the Temps Who Power Corporate Giants Are Getting Crushed”
Create a PowerPoint presentation with fifteen to twenty (15-20) slides in which you:
- Create a Wage and Hour standard for the job opportunity that you had
selected in Assignment 2, and support your standard by using the Fair
Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Equal Pay Act to prevent any potential
- Decide on three (3) benefits required for the job opportunity using
ERISA. Propose two (2) methods that the employer can use in order to
manage the fiduciary duties wisely and with the employees’ best
interests in mind. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Elaborate on two (2) rights regarding unionization that Section 7 of
the NLRA guarantees. Next, examine two (2) unfair labor practices, and
argue the importance of your organization refraining from using such
practices during any self-organization and collective bargaining
activities. Explore two (2) potential repercussions of an organization’s
interference with self-organization and collective bargaining
- Propose three (3) ways to discourage employees from considering
unionization. Then, compose one (1) strategy for championing a
supportive and satisfying work environment within the organization.
- Select one (1) OSHA violation case, and determine whether the
resulting penalties were sufficient to deter the organization in
question from repeating the same violative action. Justify your
- Outline a plan for investigating workplace injuries, and formulate a
policy that explains the process for filing a worker’s compensation
claim within the selected organization.
- Narrate each slide, using a microphone, and indicate what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and
relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that
the presentation is visually appealing and readable from eighteen (18)
feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The title slide is not included in the required slide length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop policies that are compliant with employment laws.
- Evaluate an organization’s physical environment and determine criteria that ensure occupational safety.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.
- Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing mechanic.