THIS IS THE PICOT QUESTION :
- In hospitalized patients ages 45-75, what is the effectiveness of using bed alarms as compared to using John Hopkins Fall Risk Assessment in reducing inpatient falls during their hospital stay?
THIS IS THE BOOK WE USE: Melnyk, B.
M., & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2019). Evidence-based practice in nursing
& healthcare: A guide to best practice. Wolters Kluwer.
Using the PICOT question developed by your group in Week 3 over your selected clinical issue, work in your groups again to apply steps 1–3 of the EBP as described by Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt in Chapter 1.
While there are six formal steps, your group only needs to address steps 1–3 for this assignment:
- Step 1: Formulate the Burning Clinical PICOT Question (5 points)
- Include the PICOT question that was developed by your group in Week 3.
- Step 2: Search for the Best Evidence (10 points)
- Use each of the keywords from the PICOT question to perform a systematic search (this skill was learned in Week 4). Discuss how you performed your search, including search terms and process.
- Step 3: Critical Appraisal of Evidence (Initial Thoughts) (25 points)
- Create an annotated bibliography on a minimum of five empirical research studies that resulted from this search. Include the following for each article:
- Reference for each study using APA 7th edition format and style
- Purpose of the study
- Research question(s)/hypotheses
- Research design/evidence rating
- Summary of how findings contribute to the PICOT question