1. From the first e-Activity below, assess the effectiveness of the Black
September group in achieving its intended goals as a group. Provide
examples of such effectiveness—or lack thereof—to support your response.
2. From the first e-Activity below, analyze the Black September attack on the
1972 Munich Olympics, and examine the crucial lessons that law
enforcement and counterterrorist organizations learned in the aftermath.
From the perspective of the terrorists, give your opinion on whether or
not you believe the Munich terrorist attack was successful. Use facts
from your research to support your opinion.
E- Activity Questions 1/2
- Use the Internet to research
the group known as Black September. Focus on both the reasons for its
origination and the specifics of its attack on the 1972 Munich Olympics.
Be prepared to discuss.
3. Explore the key reasons why you believe counterterrorism policies are
often considered controversial. Discuss your viewpoint on controversial
counterterrorism tactics in general, and determine whether you agree or
disagree with their use. Provide examples of such tactics to support
4. From the second e-Activity, describe at least three (3) controversial
counterterrorism tactics that Israel currently utilizes. Summarize the
key arguments for and against these tactics. Explain your position on
the controversy surrounding the counterterrorism tactics. Provide a
rationale for your answer.
E Activity Questions 3/4
Use the Internet to research
controversial counterterrorism tactics that Israel currently uses. Be
prepared to discuss the arguments for and against these tactics.
5. Compare and contrast the basic skills of security planning and program
administration and indicate in your own words whether or not you feel as
though one of these items is more critical than the other.
Additionally, consider which of these to functions is most difficult
perform and why you believe that to be the case.