Learning Activity #3: Mood Disorders Discussion
Read Chapter 6 in your Comer textbook.
Prepare to engage in discussion regarding the mood disorders and their implications. Please include in your discussion the following:
- Distinguishing features, symptoms, causality, and treatment of both unipolar and bipolar depression.
- The use of psychotropic and psychiatric medication for treatment.
- Your personal encounter with feeling depressed and how you handled it.
- Summarize symptoms of Somatic Symptom Disorder.
- Summarize changes from the previous version of the DSM-IV-TR to the current DSM-5 for this disorder.
- Discuss new emphasis on holistic mind-body connection in assessment of patients.
Learning Activity #4: Somatic Symptoms Discussion
Read Chapter 8 in your Comer textbook.
Read the Somatic Symptom Disorder article provided in the link below.
Prepare to engage in discussion on the following points: