Disclaimer: **THIS ASSIGNMENT REQUIRES YOU TO WATCH A 1 1/2 HOUR MOVIE** and is for those in the SOCIAL WORK field.
– I have attached a document that explains what the BPS+ model is, and I have also attached a YouTube link to the movie 28 Days.
- Explore a film related to substance use and demonstrate your understanding of the BSP+ model (bio-psychosocial plus approach to addiction) through an analysis of that piece of media (in this case it’s the movie 28 Days)
- Analyze the themes (Addiction as Suffering – Treatment, Change & Recovery, and The Cultural Construction of Addiction, alcohol) using the BPS plus model
- how does the addiction theory help you understand alcoholism (drug culture)?
- Does the depiction of addiction issues in the movie shed a new or different light on addiction issues?
- Identify key issues related to addiction in the movie
– DO NOT write a paper that just details neuro-physiological effects of drugs on the body and the brain. The focus needs to be primarily on social, societal, psychological, cultural and/or historical aspects of addiction as they appear in the movie.. Use the BPS+ model as your guide!
- 1 page summary of the movie, about 3/4’s of a page explaining what the BPS + Model of addiction is, and the rest of the pages spent on critical analysis of the movie using the BPS + model
- it is essential to reference in the body of the paper the sources you employ; also be sure to provide a bibliography or list of references at the end of the report.
– 12- point font
- you may use headings
- You may use the first person
- double spaced